This blog is about my private venture into having Mr. John (Poshgoblin) Pickford doing me a small range of 28mm dwarf miniatures that will fulfill my personal need for more dark, sinister and vicious dwarfs.

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Johann, painted by Mikkel Nyboe

Okay, when I can't man up to paint my miniature myself - I'll better let someone else do the hard work.

I have been following Mikkel Nyboe's blog/site for years and am a great fan of his work and totally love his style of painting. A style that fit most fantasy ranges so very well.

Mikkel have been around the painting scene for years and have painted lots of stunning and wonderful miniatures, so I found it pretty obvious to try and convince him to do the Johann miniature for me. And it wasn't really that hard, cause - like myself - Mikkel has a great passion for "old school" fantasy so my line of miniatures must have seemed tasty enough to convince him. And while I've be enjoying my holiday in Portugal - Mikkel have been working hard, very hard.

So, here here his is - in all his glory:

Johann, Ewal Dvergr Champion




Thanks, Mikkel - you did one hell of a job :-)

2 comments:

  1. Very great job here. Love the model itself, but the painting really brings out its inner character. Nice work, and good decision on all parts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it. And yes, think Mikkel made some wise decisions regarding colours and style.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.